2016 Roundup for Rikki
I've never set a reading goal for myself before. I just loved to read, and so I did. Work, marriage, and children often play a huge part in one's reading life, and so it goes, there were many years in which I sporadically picked up a novel, and rarely kept track. That's most of us though, right?
This year, I decided I wanted it to be different. I wanted a goal, I wanted to push myself to ensure that books were a big part of my life again. I've encouraged my children to read, and they love to do so. But it's important that they see me reading as well, making it an active and prioritized part of my life.
So I set out on Goodreads, made my first ever annual goal of 25 books. And I exceeded it! I feel rather proud of myself, and excited to up it a little more each year, see how much more I can do, and to live in so many new worlds. One of the joys of reading with your children, is that my son is currently into Young Adult and Children's chapter books, many of which I never read as a kid. We've enjoyed sharing new books we find and read them together (hence the few randoms in the list).
Without further ado, here is my 2016 reading list. Many of which have topped my chart for favorites! Enjoy!
- Attachments, by Rainbow Rowell
- Eat, Pray, Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Flight Behavior, by Barbara Kingsolver
- The Rescue, by Nicholas Sparks
- Breathless, by Lurlene McDaniel
- The Maze Runner #1, by James Dashner
- The Scorch Trials #2, by James Dashner
- The Death Cure #3, by James Dashner
- The Kill Order #.5, by James Dashner
- Matilda, by Roald Dahl
- Dear Mr. Henshaw, by Beverly Cleary
- The Secret Garden, by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- The Indian in the Cupboard, by Lynne Reid Banks
- Wuthering Heights, by Emily Bronte
- Eleanor Roosevelt: A Life of Discovery, by Russell Freedman
- The BFG, by Roald Dahl
- A Wrinkle in Time, by Madeleine L'Engle
- My Girl, by Patricia Hermes
- The Bridges of Madison County, by Robert James Waller
- Breakfast at Tiffany's (plus 3 short novels), by Truman Capote
- Leave Her to Heaven, by Ben Ames Williams
- The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper, by Phaedra Patrick
- Me Before You, by JoJo Moyes
- After you, by JoJo Moyes
- Gathering Blue, by Lois Lowry
- The Importance of Being Ernest, by Oscar Wilde
- Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott
- The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus, by L. Frank Baum